Therapy4Refugees aims to:
- Provide professional, supportive therapy and advocacy for people referred to Therapy4Refugees on an ongoing basis, using online messaging apps for people offshore and face-to-face where possible for people in Australia.
- Provide a professional crisis response for people with urgent needs.
- Recruit skilled and experienced volunteer therapists and maintain their commitment by providing orientation, online case discussions, and a dedicated Facebook group.
- Provide for our clients’ basic material needs not met by other not-for-profit organisations.
- Work collegially with other not-for-profit refugee organisations in the best interests of refugees and asylum seekers, including our auspicing organisation Gifts for Manus and Nauru Inc., ensuring that the perspectives of refugees themselves are taken into account.